Meguiar's Mirror Glaze # 9 Swirl Remover 2.0 is a cleaner and a polish. It is completely non-abrasive and safe to use for all types of paints. It is highly effective and an easy-to-use product. The ingredients of cleaner remove the sediments around the swirls and scratches, whereas the polishing emollients smooth over the edges of swirls and fill in the damage. The product makes use of diminishing abrasives embodied in rich polishing oils. Thus, the diminishing abrasives remove the defects without leaving behind their own scratch marks.
Pros of Meguiar's Mirror Glaze # 9 Swirl Remover 2.0:
• This is a good product for removing light scratches and adding a shine to the paint.
• The product is suitable for finishing automobiles that have very soft paint and clear coats.
• It removes light scratches and leaves the surface with a brilliant and dark shine.
• It reduces the splatter and makes the cleaning as well as the wipe down process easier.
• It is good for cleaning the car before applying wax.
• It is a safe polish, with not too many risks.
• It gives good shine after filing the scratches.
• If the paint on the car is still in good condition and you intend to remove only a few minor swirls, you can skip the polishing process by using this product.
• It is easy to use by hand or machine.
Cons of Meguiar's Mirror Glaze # 9 Swirl Remover 2.0:
• The product is heavy with fillers. Thus, when you achieve the look, the defects are not really removed.
• It might remove minor or light scratches and swirls, but anything heavier needs a more aggressive product.
• The defects might disappear for a while due to the fillers, but they return with other products.
• Removal of defects is only a minimal correction.
• Even though it is easy to use by hand, but for achieving best results, you need to use a rotary buffer or dual action polisher.
As the debate rages on in various forums regarding the effectiveness of Meguiar's Mirror Glaze # 9 Swirl Remover 2.0, one point that leaps out is that if applied properly, the product is almost guaranteed to do the job. Many users have found fault with the fact that the product has a lot of fillers and polishing oils thus, reducing its cutting capacity. However, it is well worth noting that the # 9 Swirl Remover is meant to remove only light scratches and swirls. In addition, other utility of the product is polishing, because it is after all a cleaner-cum-polish.
To conclude, the Meguiar's Mirror Glaze # 9 Swirl Remover 2.0 is a highly effective product, albeit with limitations. All you can do is use it to its maximum capacity and try reducing its limitations by applying it properly. This you can achieve through the right technique and preferably by a machine.
You can see pictures at: http://www.detailing-community.com/m/articles/view/Meguiars-Mirror-Glaze-9-Swirl-Remover-2-0-Review[ad_2]
Source by Stelian Stefan