Did you know that every year there are thousands of man hours lost in offices all around the globe, simply because the office is not clean? It may sound crazy, but the office environment is not as clean as one might want to believe. Yes, the floor may have been vacuumed or swept, and the trash has been taken out but this does not necessitate equate the perfectly healthy clean office. In fact, many people (71% according to a study by the University of Arizona) believe that their less than stellar work environment has led to a past illness or virus.
This is a problem that goes beyond the germs spread in an office scenario, but due to many offices not being serious about true, deep cleaning such as that done by an office cleaning company. In fact, another study by Durable of the United Kingdom, revealed that 82% of office workers believe they would be healthy and would be able to work harder in a cleaner environment. And the reality is, there is a fair bit of science to back up this thought. Consider these stats regarding the state of the office.
· There is typically 445 times more bacteria on your desk than on a toilet seat
· Properly disinfecting your desk can remove 99.9% of germs
· 60% of office illnesses are caused by dirty office surfaces
· The average office worker's desk has about 10 million bacteria.
· 62% of Americans eat lunch at their desks, but only 20% of the people who eat at their desk clean their workspace before eating at it. There are over 20,000 germs per square inch that live on your keyboard, computer mouse, and office chair.
· Diseases can be transferred through a variety of items. 25% of water cooler buttons are considered a serious risk for transmission of various diseases.
· Office phones have approximately 25,000 germs per square inch.
· The air quality in a closed office space can be 500% worse than the air quality outside.
· Without daily sanitizing, office surfaces' bacteria count increase 30% every day.
To be a truly effective and efficient company you need people who can be there to get the job done. When you bring in an office cleaning company to not just keep your jobs but do some real deep cleaning, you will likely be amazed at just how much better your office work flows. Sure, people will get sick, but chances are, it will be less often – and that's a win for everyone.
For companies who want a cleaner, healthier work environment, there are always ways to improve things. Talk to are office managers and companies to learn what steps they are taking to improve things. Chances are, bring in a profession cleaning team is one of those steps!